Sports Medicine & Joint Preservation
We know athletes. Whether you are injured on the playing field or in your own backyard, we are here to help! POA has been the team physician for Delmarva high schools, colleges and professional teams for decades. From on-the-field management to reconstructive surgery, you can rest assured that you are receiving the most advanced care available.
The Sports Medicine surgeons at POA are also faculty at major national and international orthopaedic meetings and conferences, involved in groundbreaking research and the trusted teachers of health care professionals and other orthopaedic surgeons.
- Patellofemoral Instability Surgery including:
- Medial Patella-Femoral Ligament (MPFL) Reconstruction
- Medial Quadriceps Tendon-Femoral Ligament Reconstruction
- Fulkerson Osteotomies
- Lateral Retinacular Lengthening
- Patellofemoral Replacement
- Advanced techniques in cartilage restoration and transplantation
- ACL and multiple knee ligament and reconstruction
- Platelet rich plasma injections
- Stem cell injections (Bone marrow and adipose derived)
- Ultrasound guided injections
- Osteochondral allograft and autograft (OATS) procedures
- Meniscus transplantation and repair
- Osteotomies including: High tibial Osteotomy, Distal Femoral Osteotomy, and Anteromedialization
- Arthroscopic shoulder reconstruction and repairs
- Arthroscopic hip reconstruction and repairs
The days of career-ending injuries are over. With early intervention, we are often able to alter the natural history of an injured joint. We can treat you today for a better tomorrow.
If you would like to schedule an appointment with our Sports Medicine & Joint Preservation Specialists, please call 1 (877) 749-4154.