At Peninsula Orthopaedic Associates, we place the well-being and safety of our patients above all else. That commitment to your health and safety is driving every decision we are making during this challenging time. We are closely monitoring all developments related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), and adhering to all guidelines issued by the Center for Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), and our local and state governments.
As our government works to slowly re-open businesses, we are happy to share our COVID-19 journey and plan for re-opening our offices over the coming weeks. This is a brief outline of our commitment to continue to provide quality, safe and accessible orthopaedic care in time of need. We are calling patients to reschedule some elective outpatient surgical procedures as well as clinic appointments. We appreciate your patience and flexibility as this schedule and our services may change with new developments.
Week of March 23
- Salisbury office and Physical Therapy remains open and offers same-day appointments for urgent orthopaedic injuries
Week of March 30
- POA begins Telemedicine (virtual) visits to connect with current orthopaedic and physical therapy patients to address orthopaedic needs from the comfort and safety of your own home
Week of April 20
- Salisbury office introduces walk-in orthopaedic urgent care 9am-4pm daily
Week of May 4
- Berlin office opens for walk-in orthopaedic urgent care Monday-Friday from 9am-4pm
Week of May 11
- Outpatient elective surgical procedures resume at Deer Pointe Surgery Center for select low-risk patient population first then transitioning to patients with more complex medical concerns
- Salisbury and Berlin offices remain open for urgent and non-urgent orthopaedic needs. Additional services offered include: walk-in orthopaedic urgent care
Week of May 25
- All offices closed May 25, 2020. Happy Memorial Day!
- Millsboro office opens Tuesday, May 26, 2020
- Elective surgical procedures resume at PRMC
Week of June 1
- POA will be fully operational. All offices open including: Salisbury & Berlin, MD | Millsboro & Seaford, DE | Physical Therapy
- Elective surgical procedures resume at Nanticoke
To protect our patients and staff we have new processes in place for the foreseeable future. Please read more here. We appreciate your patience during this time and we look forward to working our way back – together!