In light of the recent policy change at TidalHealth Peninsula Regional revolving around elective-surgery, we want to remind our patients of a few important things.
- TidalHealth Peninsula Regional is taking a temporary pause in elective, non-emergency surgeries that require an overnight stay. If your surgery does not require an overnight stay or if it is of an urgent need, your surgery will still go on as planned at the hospital.
- POA Surgery Center is operating at full capacity and performing outpatient elective procedures.
- TidalHealth Nanticoke is operating at full capacity and performing outpatient elective procedures.
- If your surgical procedure is affected by TidalHealth’s change in policy, we will call you as soon as possible.
- TidalHealth indicated this is a temporary pause and will resume at full capacity in about two weeks. However, this is a fluid situation, so their policy may be extended beyond their expected two week time frame. Again, we will contact you if your surgical procedure is impacted by this change.
Thank you for choosing Peninsula Orthopaedic Associates as your healthcare provider. Together we will continue to fight the good fight, and rise above all the challenges we have faced in 2020 and 2021. Please be flexible and provide our staff a little patience and grace as we navigate changes on a daily basis.
Questions, please call:
POA Surgical Services: (410) 860-4505
POA Surgery Center- (410) 341-9002