At Peninsula Orthopaedic Associates you can rest assured that you will be seen safely for all your orthopaedic needs. We continue to remain vigilant about rigorous disinfecting measures in between each patient as well as at every contact point you may cross during your appointment. Although your appointment may look a little different, you can rest assured that you are still receiving the same, unmatched orthopaedic and physical therapy care.
To provide the safest environment for our patients and staff, we have implemented the following measures:
• All patients are screened at the time of scheduling, through phone and text message appointment reminders, and at the time of check-in for any signs and symptoms of COVID-19, or other flu-like illness.
• Patients exhibiting signs and symptoms of COVID-19 or have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 10 days are asked to reschedule. Signs and symptoms include: fever, cough, shortness of breath/difficulty breathing, chills, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, or other flu-like symptoms.
• Patients are required to wear a mask or face covering over their nose and mouth when entering any POA facility.
• Patients are only allowed (1) essential caretaker during appointments, which includes parents of minors and caretakers for patients requiring mental or physical assistance.
• No other visitors will be allowed at POA facilities during this time, such as pharmaceutical company representatives and outside vendors. All those who must visit will be screened prior to entry.
• All magazines, pamphlets, trial-sized samples and snacks have been removed from our offices and waiting areas.
• Exam rooms are thoroughly disinfected and cleaning staff have been provided with detailed, written cleaning protocols and requirements for our clinic facilities including waiting areas, exam rooms, staff work spaces, and restrooms.
• As always, we are using only EPA registered cleaners and disinfectants.
• All “high-touch” surfaces are cleaned numerous times throughout the day.
• Hand sanitizer, tissues, and lined trash receptacles are in place in every waiting area and clinic room for use by our patients.
We are fully prepared to evaluate and care for our patients at this time, and we are taking all possible precautions to protect our patients, their families, our staff and our communities. Thank you for your support and cooperation with these efforts and we look forward to serving you in the upcoming weeks.